Chibi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chibi

Chibi clan Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are your favourite readings?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
--Lenalee--
Rookie
Rookie
--Lenalee--

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-07-31

What are your favourite readings? Empty
PostSubject: What are your favourite readings?   What are your favourite readings? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 12:09 am

Let's talk about books...

What are your favourite books? And your favourite authors?

I love Edgar Allan Poe and Howard Phillip Lovecraft (they are Geniuses!!!): all their novels are really great, and I'm also starting reading some of Poe's poetrys.

I've just finished "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde: a Must! Great Work, Really!!! And now I'm reading "The Castle of Otranto" by Horace Walpole: a short novel, so I have to find something to read then... I'm thinking to "The Vampire" by John William Polidori or "The Mysteries of Udolpho" by Ann Radcliffe, or "The Italian" by the same author, or "The Monk" by Matthew Gregory Lewis. Hard to find in my library... Have to check... :(

But the one I prefer over all the others is "Dracula" by Bram Stoker! GREAT! That man had a really great mind!!!

Ouch... Have I written too much?!? lol!

Waiting for you replies! :D
Back to top Go down
Glocker
Glocker

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-07-29

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite readings?   What are your favourite readings? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 12:22 am

Anne Rice books, Stephen King, J.R. Tolkien and others...
Back to top Go down
Bobcaticus

Number of posts : 126
Location : Ragnoron, Sometimes in my country house in Scotland! BTW Can I have your shoelaces?
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite readings?   What are your favourite readings? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 2:16 am

When I make a book I will be on that list!

But for now I am inspired by many people. My favourite book is Dan Brown's Digital Fortress.
Back to top Go down
Glocker
Glocker

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite readings?   What are your favourite readings? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 3:04 am

what happened with "The Da Vinci Code"?
Back to top Go down
Yongi
Administrator
Yongi

Number of posts : 464

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite readings?   What are your favourite readings? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 10:49 pm

Quote :
what happened with "The Da Vinci Code"?

havent read it... wanted to see the movie... but it looked weird and boring o_O havent seen it tho... only the trailers and commercials some months ago

i dont really have fave books... dont read much lol
Back to top Go down
https://chibi.forumotion.co.uk
Glocker
Glocker

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite readings?   What are your favourite readings? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 3:36 am

The Da Vinci Code (book) has like 5hs more than the original movie >_> and there's more explanation. same thing happened with LOTR movies (first movie is 5h 30m lenght including deleted scenes. if we put the book content... maybe 8 or 9 hrs)
Back to top Go down
Prins
Elite
Elite

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite readings?   What are your favourite readings? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 4:31 pm

LOTR the film is alot like the book. alot more tahn harry poet books look like the harry poets films but with films made of a book the film will always be shorter because the books are to long for a movie. if LOTR movie would be like the book than people would really be sleeping when the triologi was in the (noes forgot the word ehh the thing you watch movies on a big screen) ;) the game da vinvi code is really stupid i think xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite readings?   What are your favourite readings? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite readings?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chibi :: Off Topic :: Spam-
Jump to: